Press Release Guidelines
1) At the top of the page, put your organization’s name and address, and the name and phone numbers (work and home) of a contact person.
2) Leave enough space in the margins so that the editor has room to edit or insert instructions.
3) Releases should be typed, double-spaced on one side only.
4) If the release runs more than one page, write “more” at the bottom of each page and put a short heading at the top of all pages except the first (e.g., “Oak Construction, page 2).
5) Do not break a paragraph or sentence at the end of a page. Each page might be given to a different editor.
6) Begin the release with a date or “For Immediate Release.”
7) End the release with “end”, “30” or “###” (centered).
Reprint this press release on your company letterhead, find the correct press contacts and send to as many local newspapers and publications as possible. If time is limited, send the press release to the smaller local newspapers. Someone should follow up by phone to answer any questions the editor might have. This will encourage the editors to notice it and give you a better chance of having something printed.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
(Contact at your company)
(Your company name)
(Your telephone number)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Company’s Name) Hosts Fellow Remodelers for an
In Depth Analysis of Their Business
(Your city and state), (DATE) (Your name), (your title) of (your company name, city and state) recently hosted a Case Study Meeting of Remodelers Advantage Roundtables, an industry think-tank for top remodelers. Fifteen remodeling executives from across the nation met in (fill in city) to provide each other with input and advice on how they can continually improve the services and products each company offers.
During the Case Study, (your last name) allowed (enter number of participants) fellow group members to analyze their business from the inside. During this meeting, they reviewed systems and procedures, interviewed staff, and uncovered the strengths and weaknesses of the company. The group had chosen (your company name) to visit through a vote at a prior Roundtables Meeting.
“This is one of the most powerful things that has ever happened to my business,” says (your name). “Due to the help of my peers I am able to develop highly effective and efficient systems for all areas of my business. That means I can improve the remodeling experience for my clients.”
The Remodelers Advantage Roundtables is a program of Remodelers Advantage Inc., a Laurel, Maryland business that offers remodeling company owners and employees services designed to keep them at the cutting edge of business excellence. Visit their web site at HYPERLINK http://www.RemodelersAdvantage.com www.RemodelersAdvantage.com for more information.
Create Paragraph about Your Company: Example
(Your company name) is a (full-line or single line) remodeling firm that has been working with area homeowners since 19__. (Your last name) is an active member of (association affiliation) and has recently been awarded (fill in any awards). They are located at (fill in address). For more information on the services they offer call (your telephone number.)
Remodelers Advantage Inc.
514 Prospect Dr, Suite S, Linthicum, MD 21090
Office: 301-490-5620 Fax: 301-498-6869