I hope everyone’s year is going great! I’m looking forward to seeing everyone in a few months. I wanted to let you know that I’m planning on changing up the meeting structure for our next meeting in Austin.
I always push the fact that marketers need to be testing. Always be testing!
So, it’s time that I apply that to the way I run our group 🙂
(Since this is only your second meeting, this shift shouldn’t be too hard on you all!)
The primary agenda components will breakdown like this:
Welcome, Introductions and the ONE BIG THING you want from this meeting.
Member Update Ignite Presentations
- One representative from each company will give an “Ignite” PowerPoint driven presentation Member Update Ignite Presentation. For those not familiar, Ignite means the slides will auto-advance every 3 minutes. This helps keep the timing on track and adds a little challenge and entertainment. The template you must use is attached. It will take you exactly 12 minutes to present, followed by a 15-minute group feedback discussion.
- Each member has a max of 5 minutes (using a timer so when time is up, the presentation is up) to present one great idea that they have seen, are using, or are thinking about trying. The presentation can be as simple as just standing up and talking about it, or as complex as using PowerPoints, props, and online demos.
- At the end of all of the presentations everyone votes and the top three ‘vote getters’ win the money. Splitting the pot up like this. 1st place – 50%, 2nd place – 30%, 3rd place – 20%
- Remember to bring $20 to participate.
- Why the money? We’ve tried it without cash prizes (cause we’re marketers and we’re always testing, right?) and we’ve found that the groups with prize money have much more competition and generate the best ideas. Plus, it adds to the excitement!
Group Discussion Parking Lot via Conferences IO.
- The best part of this new format is that I can dedicate 4+ hours to open masterminds discussion. We’re going to use an online platform that allows everyone to add topics throughout the meeting and electronically vote up discussion points. It a powerful tool.
My ultimate goal is to assure that you’re getting the maximum value out of our time together, and I think this new format is more conducive to getting you the powerful wisdom you need.
What about the metrics?
It’s time to face the fact that everyone uses different systems, software, data silos, and in some cases even different definitions (like what a qualified lead is). Because of this, the data submission process prior to our meetings have been laborious and time consuming – more so for some than others.
I don’t want to ADD to your burden. I want to alleviate it! And having you spend hours reworking your metrics for our meeting is wasteful.
So, I’m planning on simplifying our data collection for the meeting. It will focus exclusively on higher level metrics and be compiled exclusively into a composite report for comparison against your peers.
This is all that will be REQUIRED of you for the meeting.
However, you are more than welcome to submit as much reporting data as you would like to share with your peers. The biggest benefit here is that you’re no longer required to modify your reporting to fit into some one-size-fits-all spreadsheet that ends up just distorting the data anyway!
So, that’s the big update.
I’m confident that this new format will increase the value you get out of our time together, exponentially.
Let me know what you think. And if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out either here in this open email exchange, or directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s going to be a great meeting and an awesome way to kick off the new year!
Talk to you soon,
Vice President and CMO
Remodelers Advantage Inc.