- Limit your number of commitments to two or three stretch goals.
- Use the S.M.A.R.T. format to include details that are specific, measurable, with a deadline. Download a sample here.
- Remember that you are making your commitments to your entire group.
- When you are reporting on the completion of a commitment, report to the entire group.
- If something has changed and you feel your commitment is no longer applicable, state your case to the entire group (not just your Microboard).
- If you need an extension on your deadline, request permission to do so from the entire group. Typically, after hearing the explanation, the other members agree to the change but they have the option to disagree with you.